L.E.A.P is an acronym that serves as the goal for our children’s ministry here at Jamestown. Below is what each each letter stands for and a brief description of how we hope to meet it.
L is for LOVE
We LOVE the children of Jamestown
- We Protect the Children
- We Invest Time, Energy, and Finances
- We Focus on Outreach
E is for ENGAGE
We want to ENGAGE the Children of Jamestown
- We Make it FUN!
- We Train Our Leaders
- We Use Age Appropriate Curriculum
- We Create a Kid-friendly Environment
A is for ACCEPT
We want the children of Jamestown to ACCEPT the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- We are intentional about sharing the Gospel
- We look to share the gospel with the parents of our children
- Our leaders are equipped to share the gospel
- We want to train the children to share the gospel on their own, before they move up to the youth group of JBC
P is for Praising Jesus
We want the children of Jamestown to have opportunities to PRAISE Jesus through worship
- We incorporate worship into the children’s ministry
- We use music, drama, and audio visuals to promote worship
- We want the children to learn to share their story
- We want to prepare the children for their move up to our youth ministry
Every Sunday at 10:00am
Children will discover all about the grand story of the Bible and how it all points to Jesus!
Sunday School Classes:
- Nursery- 6 weeks- 3 yrs of age
- Mrs. Minnie’s Class- Ages 4& 5
- Primary Children- 1st- 3rd grade
- Elementary Children- 4th & 5th grade
In order to give our children the best Bible teaching possible, Jamestown holds a children’s church service in conjunction with the main service. This special time gives kids more opportunity for interaction and learning in a context and manner that may be better suited to their age and learning styles. The volunteers utilize the “Konnect HQ” video-based curriculum to engage children with the truth of God’s word. This is for children ages 3yrs-3rd grade.
Awana happens from September- May of each year. This is a time for children to eat a snack together; play exciting AWANA games; learn some news songs; and most importantly learn about and memorize Scripture. Simply put, it is a time where having a blast and learning about God’s word meet. And, throughout the year, there are opportunities to earn AWANA awards, AWANA Grand Prix, theme nights and mission emphasis nights. Don’t miss out on the fun!!!
- Ages 3 years – 5th grade
- Snack – 5:45 pm
- Classes begin – 6:00- 7:30 pm
Kids on Mission
Every Wednesday night “Kids on Mission” meets to learn about how missionaries are carrying out the Great Commission around the world. Students watch videos, play games and learn how they can support these real life missionaries. Also, students spend time preparing mission projects and will go out throughout the year to do mission work of their own around Conway.